There are government agencies and nonprofit organizations that can give you information about foreclosure and help you decide what to do. For the name and telephone number of an organization near you, please call the statewide telephone contact number at 1-800-SAFENET (1-800-723-3638). You may also wish to talk to a lawyer. If you need help finding a lawyer, you may contact the Oregon State Bar’s Lawyer Referral Service at 1-503-684-3763, or by calling toll-free in Oregon at 1-800-452-7636; you may also visit its website at: Legal assistance may be available under certain conditions; for more information and a directory of legal aid programs, go to